SPEAKING AFTER HIS WIN CHRIS NEWTON SAID "I LOVE RIDING MY BIKE AS MUCH AS EVER", AND IT SHOWS, AND THE FANTASTIC WIN FOLLOWS A SUCCESSION OF VICTORIES BY THE RAPHA CONDOR SHARP TEAM WHO HAVE PROVEN THAT THERE IS NO 'I' IN TEAM.
Early this month Dan Craven finished four minutes ahead of the pack at the Chas Messenger while his team mates Darren Lapthorne and Jonathan Tiernan-Locke secured a second and third place. Earlier in the season, Dean Downing sprinted his way to first at the Tour of Taiwan and the team competed against Pro Tour teams at the Tour of Battenkill, America's version of the Paris-Roubaix. While the team was stuck in New York (thanks to ash clouds) Dan Craven rode the dusty CiCle Classic, riding back from 2 punctures to score second place in UK's very own classics race.
There were highs at the Tour of Doon Hame in Scotland, which saw Chris Newton win overall and success in stage victories at the Tour of the North in Ireland for younger rider Matt Cronshaw.
Today they head out to Japan for a week of racing before heading back to the UK for the Tour Series.
The riders are firmly perched on the tried and tested Condor Leggero, a frame that can do it all from stage races to criteriums. The team ride standard stock frame sizes with Shimano Dura-Ace, PRO components, and Fizik custom team colour saddles. Find out more about the team bike below...
The bike aims to achieve exceptional standards of both style and quality. Team riders were closely involved in the development of the bicycles, not only for professional use but also for consumers. Each tube is cut and wrapped by hand in our factory in Italy, and strengthened using strategically-placed pieces of carbon. The carbon tubesets are produced in Japan by world leader Toho Tenax using nano technology.
- Frame weight: 900g.
- Carbon tubeset made using four layers of uni-directional and two directional high modulus carbon layers. Resin contains nano pieces of carbon. This is compressed and resin is forced out while the carbon pieces randomly fill gaps in the fibre. Tubing can be made thinner and lighter whilst increasing strength.Using nano technology, the nano pieces of carbon are randomly dispersed so stress won’t travel in straight lines, providing a more comfortable ride.
- New cut out rear section for increased compliancy.
- Deda Nero Supermacy full carbon monocoque fork.
- Full Shimano Dura-Ace 7900 groupset (some riders will use Shimano Di2 groupset).
- Shimano Dura Ace deep section wheelsets (may vary according to the event).
- PRO bars and stems wrapped with Fizik custom pro bar tape.
- Custom team edition Fizik Arione saddle with pink, white and black detailing.
- Tyres supplied by Continental.
- PRO Vibe carbon seatpost.
- Elite bottle cages and custom Science in Sport water bottles.
- Available in crisp white. Limited number available in Rapha Condor team colours.