Condor Rides Terms and Conditions
The 'event' refers to Condor weekly social rides and monthly rides, organised in association with Sommet CC.
1. The participant accepts that the ride they are entering is not a race in any format and anyone considered to be competing against others or riding dangerously will be stopped from riding and banned from entering future events.
2. The participant is fully responsible for their actions whilst attending the event.
3. Each participant, upon signing up agrees that they are physically and mentally capable of riding the distance. If during the event, they decide to change their route and distance, then all consequences of this action are theirs.
4. Each participant accepts full responsibility for any fees or costs incurred or arising from the need for repatriation.
5. The participant confirms that the cycle/bike they are riding for the event and all of their equipment is of a suitable standard and state of trail/roadworthiness. In particular, the ability to complete the longest distance, and over rough terrain dependant on the event.
6. You must obey all Highway Code rules. You are requested to ride in single file where appropriate and no more than 2 (two) abreast at any time. Please be aware of your fellow cyclists, other road users, and any other traffic. Please always indicate your intention to stop or change direction. All cyclists must adhere to and obey the Highway Code, local bylaws and laws of England, Scotland, Wales and N. Ireland where applicable and extend all reasonable courtesy to other road and off-road users.
7. Sommet Cycling and Condor Cycles LTD reserves the right to shorten or alter the published route at any time. Participants do not have the right to claim a refund if the route is shortened or altered.
8. Riders are expected to respect the roads, villages and countryside that the events travel through. It should be remembered that this is both a working landscape and home to many communities. Riders stopping for a comfort break are asked to do so discretely and appropriately and not to cause any offence to local residents or other riders.
9. Riders are expected not to drop or leave any litter on any part of the route and to dispose of it responsibly at an appropriate place or bin. Any rider found littering will be disqualified from the event
10. Participation in the event is at the riders own risk. Insurance cover is provided for all riders against a third party claim arising as a result of accidental damage to a third party property whilst participating in an event. This insurance cover is adjudged void if it is deemed the rider has acted negligently. No further insurance cover is provided by Condor Cycles Ltd for riders participating in an event but Condor Cycles Ltd strongly recommend each rider organises their own personal insurance cover.